Monday, August 10, 2009

Jane the Salad Lady



This is Jane Watts. She is a busy, active person--I always see a swimsuit hanging from her car mirror--young for her years. Plus she is active at Unitarian Universalists. Jane is also Jon's mother and she helps to wash, spin-dry and bag the salad mix. It's a huge job. Since the C.S.A. serves around 200 shares and sells wholesale to markets and restaurants, Jane is a busy salad lady. The salad people are the last ones to trickle in and eat. Here is Jane with her washing-machine-turned-salad-spinner. I wish I had one of them, don't you?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this blog! Thanks so much for keeping it up. I'm a friend of Jen's from college and having this blog is a little like being able to peek into life at Meadowlark. Thank you! And, your recipes are amazing. I'm going to make that bean salad tomorrow night!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete